Delo ELC Antifreeze/Coolant
Mining, Quarrying & Construction
Agriculture & Forestry
Delo® ELC Antifreeze/Coolant products are single phase, ethylene glycol based products available in various dilutions that are based on patented aliphatic carboxylate corrosion inhibitor technology specifically formulated for heavy duty cooling system applications that require nitrite.
Recommended applications for Delo® ELC Antifreeze/Coolant products:
- Heavy duty engines regardless of fuel type or environmental controls being used where the OEM recommends a silicate free, extended life coolant that contains nitrites
- Mixed fleets where both light duty and heavy duty trucks are present
- Stationary engine applications regardless of fuel type being used
- Marine cooling systems where freeze protection is needed and a nitrite containing coolant is recommended
Delo ELC Antifreeze/Coolant products deliver value through:
- Managing costs — Helps eliminate the cost of using SCAs (supplemental coolant additives), regular testing and the manpower required to perform these tasks effectively eliminating those costs when compared to conventional or fully formulated coolants.
- Long Service Life — 1,250,000 Kilometers of on-road use (8 Years or 15,000 hours of off-road use) or 1,600,000 kilometers/20,000hours/8 years with Delo Extender addition at 800,000 kilometers/10,000 hours/4 years.
- Optimal cooling system operation — The silicate free formula improves heat transfer when compared to silicate containing formulations. Silicates deposits can reduce heat transfer and increase downtime due to over-heating.
- Maximum Hardware Life — Maximum water pump life due to minimal water pump seal wear resulting from the silicate free formulation.
- Excellent Protection — Effective, long term corrosion protection, even at elevated temperatures, of commonly found cooling system metals. Effective at protecting aluminum in high temperature applications.
- Variable Applications — Recommended for use in on-road, off-road and stationary engine applications that call for an extended life, silicate and phosphate free formulation that contains nitrite and molybdate. Can be used in engines using variable fuel types and variable emission control protocols. Check with your OEM for specific product application requirements.
- Compatibility — Compatible with other coolant formulations and supplemental coolant additives. Chevron recommends that this product not be diluted by more than 25% with other coolant formulations. Dilution by more than 25% will reduce extended life properties.
- Biodegradability — Biodegradable in its unused form.
- Stability — Storage stable for a minimum of 8 years as purchased.
- ASTM D6210
- ASTM D3306
- Caterpillar EC-1
- Detroit Series 60 and DD15 engines per SVC BRO 0002
- Navistar B1 Type 3
- TMC RP 329, 302A, 351 (color)
- Caterpillar Stationary Natural Gas Engines
- Cummins QSK, QST, ISX 15, ISX, ISM, ISL, ISC and ISB Diesel Engines
- Cummins Westport ISX 12G and ISL G CNG engines
- Deutz Stationary Diesel Engines
- Freightliner and Western Star Truck Diesel Engines
- GE - Jenbacher Stationary Natural Gas Engines
- Hino Truck Diesel Engines
- Isuzu Truck Diesel Engines
- Kenworth and Peterbilt Truck Diesel Engines
- Kobelco Construction Equipment Diesel Engines
- Komatsu Construction Equipment Diesel Engines
- MTU 4000 Diesel Engines
- Navistar Truck Diesel Engines
- Scania and MAN Truck Diesel Engines
- Volvo and Mack Truck Diesel Engines
- Wärtsilä Stationary Diesel Engines
- Waukesha Stationary Natural Gas Engines
- White-Superior Stationary Natural Gas Engines