Taro XL Series
Medium-speed engine oils
Taro XL Series lubricants are high-performance, high-BN, diesel engine oils for medium-speed trunk piston diesel engines. Taro XL Series lubricants are specially developed to use in medium-speed, trunk piston diesel engines burning residual fuels with a maximum sulphur level of 4.5%. Taro XL Series lubricants are blended from high-quality base oils and additives that provide an extra margin of protection against ring sticking, piston deposits and wear under the most severe operating conditions.
- High BN levels control cylinder liner wear effectively and protect bearings from corrosion. High-performance, antiwear additives provide excellent protection against adhesive wear for cams, camshaft and bearings. Taro XL Series lubricants also provide a high degree of water tolerance and antifoam protection.
- Keeps crankcases and oil control rings clean.
- Prevents deposit formation throughout the engine.
- Reduces lube oil filter blockage.
- Effectively handles insolubles.
- Oxidation inhibitors protect the oil against high thermal stresses, protect engine parts from corrosion and reduce undercrown deposits while promoting extended lubricant life.
- Prevents corrosion of engine parts when the engine is not in operation.
Balanced Additive Combination
- Provides minimum maintenance and downtime, long engine life and economical operating costs.