Taro Ultra 140
Slow-speed engine oils
Taro Ultra is a new range of cylinder lubricants specifically designed to cope with the demands and required flexibility for IMO 2020. Taro Ultra cylinder lubricants have been fully field tested using a wide variety of fuels expected to be available post IMO 2020 implementation and are approved by major OEMs
- Effective acid neutralization ensures protection against excessive cylinder liner and piston ring wear resulting from the use of high sulphur heavy fuel oils, thus extending cylinder liner and piston ring life.
- Prevents ring sticking and minimizes deposit formation on the pistons and throughout the combustion chamber exhaust areas.
- Stable at ambient temperature and during long-term storage
- Compatible with diesel cylinder lubricants generally known to the international marine trade
- If oil feedrate is above minimum recommended by OEM, there is potential to move to a higher base number formulation to provide the same level of alkalinity and corrosion protection but at lower feedrates, therefore reducing operating cost.
Taro Ultra 140 is approved against:
- MAN Energy Solutions
- Winterthur Gas & Diesel (formerly Wärtsilä Switzerland)