Regal R&O is suitable for use in the following applications provided a rust and oxidation (R&O) inhibited oil is acceptable.
- Steam and hydraulic turbines operating under all service conditions
- Industrial gas turbines operating under moderate service conditions where the oil is not exposed to excessively high temperatures, or gear sets requiring enhanced load carrying performance
- Centrifugal, rotary and reciprocating compressors, turbo-blowers and centrifugal pumps (not recommended for use in breathing air compressors)
- Bath and circulating systems supplying rolling element bearings of all types, lightly loaded gear sets, vacuum pumps (including rotary vacuum pumps used in the dairy farming industry), machine tools (including computer controlled units), conveyors, electric motors, and low to moderate pressure hydraulic pumps where anti-wear properties are not required
Good oxidation stability provided by the multi-component inhibitor system resists oil breakdown during exposure to high temperature conditions.
Potential maintenance and downtime savings
The highly refined base stocks and multi-component oxidation inhibitor system resist the formation of harmful sludge and varnish deposits. The rust inhibitor protects components against corrosion.
Good water separability of the highly refined base stocks and inhibitor system ensure rapid settling of harmful water accumulated from steam condensate. The non-silicone foam inhibitor allows rapid release of entrained air while minimizing foam formation, enabling reliable operation of sensitive hydraulic control devices.
Potential inventory savings
Rust and oxidation inhibited formulation has multipurpose capability in a wide range of industrial applications for which this type of product is recommended, helping to simplify oil inventories and reduce the possibility of using the wrong lubricant.
Regal R&O is suitable for use where the following industry and OEM specifications are requested:
- British Standard BS 489:1999
- DIN 51515 Part 1 (2001)
- ISO 8068; L-TSA and TGA (ISO 32, 46, 68)
- Siemens TLV 9013 04 (ISO 32, 46 for turbo sets without gearboxes)
- Alstom HTGD 90117
- David Brown Table M - 0M, 1M, 2M (ISO 32 to 68, respectively)
- ANSI/AGMA 9005-E02: AGMA Lubricant No. 1, 2 (ISO 46, 68, respectively)
- Cincinnati Machine P-38, P-55, P-54 (ISO 32, 46, 68, respectively)
- Meets requirements of major turbine builders including GE and Solar