Delo 6170 CFO SAE 40
- Medium speed, two and four-cycle railroad-type diesel engines.
- Including the most recent high-output, low oil consumption designs, whether in railroad, stationary or marine service
- Certain medium speed marine-type engines without active purification systems
- Electro-Motive Diesel (EMD) 567, 645 and 710 (two-cycle) and 265H (four-cycle) railroad diesel engines in railroad, marine and stationary powerplant service
- Fairbanks Morse (FM)/Alco 251 railroad diesel engines in railroad, marine and stationary powerplant service
- General Electric (GE) 7FDL, 7HDL and GEVO railroad diesel engines in railroad, marine and stationary powerplant service
Not suitable for use in marine-type engines equipped with active purification systems.
Reduces maintenance costs
High alkaline reserve ensures that corrosive acids formed by the combustion of fuel sulfur are effectively neutralized, thereby minimizing corrosive wear without causing valve distress due to “guttering”. The special “zinc-free”, ashless anti-wear additive system protects components from abrasive and adhesive wear, and guards against attack of silver plated bearings.
Maintains high power output
Superior thermal and oxidation stability assist the detergent/dispersant additive system in providing excellent control of high temperature deposits in areas such as the undercrown of the piston and piston ring belt area, enabling piston rings to function efficiently.
Prolongs oil change-out periods
Base Number (BN) level and superior alkalinity retention characteristics maintain sufficiently high BN under all service conditions to ensure corrosive acids formed by the combustion of fuel sulfur are effectively neutralized.
Prolongs service intervals
Improved oxidation stability and increased alkalinity reserve when compared with LMOA Generation 4 oils, allows the retention of standard service intervals with today’s high specific output and lower specific oil consumption engines.
- Electro-Motive Diesel (EMD) LMOA Generation 5
- General Electric Generation 4 LL
- API CF, CF-2