Caltex Supreme Motor Oil
Caltex Supreme Motor Oils are suitable for use in four-stroke gasoline engines used in passenger cars, light trucks,. They are excellent for high-revving engines in small cars and light trucks. All grades are suitable for use in turbocharged engines. SAE 5W-20 provides optimum fuel economy and durable performance. This synthetic blend engine oil, carrying the API Resource Conserving designation, is suitable for use in domestic and import passenger cars and light duty trucks specifying this viscosity grade.
SAE 5W-30 is recommended by the majority of later model domestic and import passenger cars and light duty trucks under a wider variety of weather conditions. This synthetic blend engine oil provides excellent cold weather performance and carries the API Resource Conserving designation.
SAE 10W-30 is suitable for use in many older vehicles and a few late model cars and light duty trucks, often those with larger 6-cylinder and V-8 and/or high performance engines.
SAE 10W-30 is also designated as a Resource Conserving lubricant by API.SAE 10W-40 is still a very popular viscosity grade in warmer climates. It is often used in older model cars that see regular high temperature operation.
SAE 20W-50 is suitable primarily for older engines for use in high temperature and heavy load operations at highway speeds or up inclines for longer periods of time. is the viscosity grade is also commonly used in high performance engines for racing and rallying.
Caltex Supreme Motor Oils deliver value through:
- Excellent antiwear protection
- Protection against thermal breakdown
- Clean engines and positive crankcase ventilation systems resulting in minimal deposits under heavy load and stop-and-go driving conditions.
- Meets or exceeds warranty requirements of car and light truck manufacturers relying on an API SN Plus, SM, SL or SJ service category motor oil.
- Energy Savings — API Resource Conserving designation for SAE 5W-20, 5W-30 and 10W-30 grades