Brake and Clutch Fluid DOT 4
Brake and Clutch Fluid DOT 4 meets the recognised standards for clutch and brake fluids as demanded by leading motor vehicle manufacturers. Additionally, it complies with the US Federal Motor Vehicle Services Specification (FMVSS) No. 116 DOT 4, DOT 3, SAE J 1703 and ISO 4925 specifications. It also meets the requirements of the earlier specifications: SAE 70R 1 and 3, SAE J70 C, SAE J 1703 A to F and SAE J 1703 Jan 80, Nov 83 and Oct 85.
- All hydraulically operated motor vehicle braking systems (drum and disc types) for which a DOT 4 or SAE J1704 fluid is specified
- Make-up or service fill of braking systems requiring DOT 3 or SAE J1703 fluids
- Vehicles with anti-lock (ABS) braking systems
- Hydraulic clutch systems requiring conventional fluids
- Passenger cars, commercial road transport, off-highway vehicles, agricultural tractors and motorcycles
Brake and Clutch Fluid DOT 4 is compatible with other brands of DOT 4/DOT 3 brake fluid.
Brake and Clutch Fluid DOT 4 should not to be used in systems designed for mineral oil based fluids (LHM), for example certain Citroen models, or where Silicone DOT 5 fluids are recommended.
- Excellent long-term braking performance through maintenance of a higher fluid boiling point with minimum high temperature vapour formation
- Superior vapour-lock resistance compared with fluids meeting less stringent specifications
- Suitable for a wide range of brake system applications
- Advanced, buffered formulation protects cast iron and steel against acidic oxidation products by keeping pH in alkaline range
- High performance inhibitors prevent corrosion in metals such as aluminium, brass, copper, zinc and tin
- Seal swell control and lubricity characteristics minimize leakage through seal shrinkage and component wear
- Thermal oxidation resistance prevents harmful deposit formation and maintains performance across fluid service life
||116 DOT 3||Meets requirements|
|FMVSS||116 DOT 4
||K2233 TYPE 3||Meets requirements|
||K2233 TYPE 4||Meets requirements|
||H-542 (OX-8)||Meets requirements|