General purpose soluble oil
Manufacturing & Processing
Aquatex 3180 is a general purpose soluble oil, formulated for use in a wide variety of machining operations.
- Light machining such as drilling, planing, milling, sawing and turning operations on a variety of carbon and alloy steels ranging from soft to medium hardness, particularly where carbide tip tooling is being used
- Recommended for grinding operations where very clean emulsions are typically required to permit rapid settling of fines
- Water-containing metalworking fluids such as soluble oil emulsions should never be used for machining operations on magnesium or magnesium-containing alloys as a fire or explosion hazard may exist. The recommended product for machining these metals is Caltex Almag Oil
- Efficient Machining and grinding - High detergency performance keeps grinding wheels free of grit and fines, and flushes and settles chips. Low foaming tendency is an advantage in high speed operations.
- High precision and surface finish - High performance heat transfer and reduced tool/workpiece friction ensures precise dimensional accuracy and good surface finish on parts
- Low maintenance - High-efficiency detergency assists in flushing and settling of grinding grid dirt, increases tool service life. The selected base oil component of the emulsion provides effective rust protection of machine and parts, and the high level of reserve alkalinity reduces emulsion acids
- Longer emulsion life - Highly stable, long-service alkaline emulsion resists bacterial degradation and effective biocides combat micro-organisms